Ibm

IBM Cognos Review
It delivers self-service BI to our end users, in different types of output formats.

Valuable Features

It is great for delivering self-service BI to our end users. It provides great flexibility in the types of BI output formats that can be delivered.

Improvements to My Organization

It has allowed end users to explore data without having to copy it into Excel first.

Room for Improvement

The upgrade process is always a challenge, as it is basically a reinstall each time.

Use of Solution

I have used it since 2010.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Technical support from our vendor partner is great.

We previously used Oracle Discoverer, but it reached end of life.

Initial setup was complex in the sense that there were different ways to deliver BI: relational models, DMR, and cubes. When you first start using it, it is difficult to know which is the best.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Haggle and buy near the end of IBM’s financial year.

Other Solutions Considered

Before choosing this product, we looked at SAP BusinessObjects, OBIEE, Pentaho, Jaspersoft and QlikView; all in 2010.

Other Advice

Get a good local partner or take on an experienced Cognos contractor to help get your local team up to speed and be productive.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About IBM Cognos?

Our experts can help. 239,056 professionals have used our research on 5,957 solutions.