Ibm

IBM Cognos Review
It offers metadata modelling and dashboard visualizations.

Valuable Features

• Metadata modelling using Transformer and Framework Manager
  • Visualization using Dashboard

Normally for BI implementations, these are the critical aspects.

Improvements to My Organization

I have not worked for an organization who is a direct beneficiary of the product. I have worked for vendor companies who have implementation expertise or have worked for OEM.

Room for Improvement

• Data discovery-related features
  • Visualizations
  • Speed of interaction with end-user

There are no problems with these areas. IBM Cognos has been working on them, but they are not yet on par with other vendors who are leaders in data discovery. For example, features like Lasso, dynamic pivoting, etc. are not yet available.

Use of Solution

I have used it for 11 years.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I encountered scalability issues while reporting across multiple data sources.

Technical support is very good.

I previously used a different solution, and switched because of ease of development and the rich set of features for most use cases.

Initial setup was straightforward.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I do not have much exposure to pricing. I understand it is on par, in terms of delivered value with respect to price, with other BI vendors.

Other Solutions Considered

Before choosing this product, I also evaluated Qlik and PowerBI.

Other Advice

Please evaluate other BI vendors available in the market to make sure that you pick the right tool for your use cases.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is an OEM partner.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About IBM Cognos?

Our experts can help. 242,381 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.