Ibm

IBM Cognos Review
The burst ability allows us to control the prompting activity and automate monthly reporting to our end users.

Valuable Features

• The ability to burst. It allows us to control the prompting activity and automate monthly reporting to our end users as we mass distribute to almost 900 end users.
  • The GUI design interface is intuitive.

Improvements to My Organization

• We are able to rapidly communicate financial reporting and statements for reconciliation purposes.
  • People are able to self serve with the provided authoring tools.

Room for Improvement

• The visualization tools have greatly improved but the active reports still need help.
  • The build process of linking the variables can be a bit complex, especially for newbies.
  • The ability to secure on the downloaded dataset that feeds the active report is prohibitive of its widespread use.

Use of Solution

We have used the solution for seven years.

I would rate the technical support at about 5/10. We continue to struggle with IBM provided first or second time correct responses to cases we have open. Cases can drag on for months before resolution.

I am not aware of any previous solutions.

The setup was complex. We built scripts to create and configure at a redundant server level.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The prodict is expensive.

Other Solutions Considered

We evaluated Oracle OBIEE and Jaspersoft.

Other Advice

Investigate the cloud option for savings in maintenance and patching.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are research partners.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About IBM Cognos?

Our experts can help. 242,381 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.