What is most valuable?
- The ability to burst. It allows us to control the prompting activity and automate monthly reporting to our end users as we mass distribute to almost 900 end users.
- The GUI design interface is intuitive.
How has it helped my organization?
- We are able to rapidly communicate financial reporting and statements for reconciliation purposes.
- People are able to self serve with the provided authoring tools.
What needs improvement?
- The visualization tools have greatly improved but the active reports still need help.
- The build process of linking the variables can be a bit complex, especially for newbies.
- The ability to secure on the downloaded dataset that feeds the active report is prohibitive of its widespread use.
For how long have I used the solution?
We have used the solution for seven years.
How are customer service and technical support?
I would rate the technical support at about 5/10. We continue to struggle with IBM provided first or second time correct responses to cases we have open. Cases can drag on for months before resolution.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
I am not aware of any previous solutions.
How was the initial setup?
The setup was complex. We built scripts to create and configure at a redundant server level.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
The prodict is expensive.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
We evaluated Oracle OBIEE and Jaspersoft.
What other advice do I have?
Investigate the cloud option for savings in maintenance and patching.