Ibm

IBM Cognos Review
You can switch between analysis on a high-level, aggregated data and detailed data.

Valuable Features

The use of the dimensional and relational data model for drill-down, drill-up and drill-through: This is how you can switch between analysis on a high-level, aggregated data and detailed data.

Improvements to My Organization

I have been a business intelligence and analytics consultant for 15 years and I have always provided value to my customers.

Room for Improvement

The improvement to make is for BI to be extended into analytics; more Watson technology in BI. Watson from IBM is for more predictive and prescriptive analysis (big data) and Cognos BI is for more descriptive (BI). When IBM brings the Watson technique into BI, you will have one platform for reporting over past, present and future.

Use of Solution

We have been using the solution for 15 years.

We have never encountered any stability issues.

We have never encountered any scalability issues.

Over the last 10 years, I have never needed to use the customer support.

Over these 15 years, I have worked with Oracle BI, Microsoft BI, Qlik and several other tools. Beside Cognos, none were compliant enough with the needs of my customers.

Starting with Cognos wasn't easy before the most recent version 11, Cognos Analytics.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Use one of the best BI tools, which Cognos is.

Other Solutions Considered

I have rolled into it by starting BI within Cognos.

Other Advice

First look at what you need, before buying a BI tool and implementing it.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About IBM Cognos?

Our experts can help. 239,056 professionals have used our research on 5,957 solutions.