Ibm

IBM Cognos Review
Power users can use Excel functionalities for data analysis and reporting.

Valuable Features:

I enjoy the flexibility that the application has with Excel. Power users can use Excel functionalities for data analysis and reporting. Also, I like the integration with Excel (Xcelerator) and the ability to source data from numerous sources. Additionally, the use of Revelwood's Dynamo! allows for quick generation of reports.

Improvements to My Organization:

The added power of Excel with Cognos TM1 allows my company to generate dynamic Excel-based reports to our customers much faster with the look and feel of Excel that they are accustomed to.

Room for Improvement:

It would be more user friendly with GUI navigation. A lot of expertise is required to be able to navigate and perform simple tasks, as well as to create reports with Cognos TM1. I believe a GUI will make it easier for less technical folks (non-power users) to be able to use the tool effectively.

Use of Solution:

We’ve used Cognos TM1 for four years.

Stability Issues:

Performance of the product is usually stable and only has issues when there are lots of users during heavy reporting periods.

Scalability Issues:

We have had no scalability issues.

I would rate the technical support 8/10. IBM has been pretty great with maintenance and technical support.

Previous Solutions:

We have had no previous solutions.

Initial Setup:

The initial setup to install is pretty simple. You will need some technical experience to be able to successfully install the software components.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Licensing and pricing seems fair as compared to other products.

Other Solutions Considered:

I don't know if the company evaluated other options. They were already using the product before I joined.

Other Advice:

I believe it is important to evaluate similar products. I also advise to have a resident expert in-house to support and maintain the platform.

0 Comments