Ibm

IBM Cognos Review
A reporting tool that allows the building of ad-hoc reports.

Valuable Features:

Almost all of the features are valuable. We have users who fit into different stacks of reporting capabilities.

Improvements to My Organization:

Every day-to-day decision is driven by data. With this tool, we are able to provide it to relevant parties. They are happy with the data and the way it is presented.

We have users who can build ad-hoc reports on their own. They don't have to reach out to technical teams. This reduces dependencies and eliminates the turn-around time.

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see more robust scheduling capabilities. Advanced audit information should be readily available, rather than pointing us to use a SDK each time.

Use of Solution:

We have been using this solution for eleven years.

Stability Issues:

I did not encounter any issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

I would give technical support a rating of 4/10. IBM technical support should be improved and their turn-around time should be reduced.

Previous Solutions:

We have used in-house tools before. However, we switched to Cognos because we needed something readily available and catered to different user bases.

Initial Setup:

The installation was pretty straightforward. You just need to follow the documentation that comes with it. It covers everything.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

It’s an enterprise tool and different stacks of tools are beneficial for small, medium, or large companies.

Other Solutions Considered:

We looked into Business Objects, Actuate, and Microsoft SSRS.

Other Advice:

You need to know the details of the product to love it. This product caters to all sizes of companies and easily accommodates growing companies. It can be used across an enterprise.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About IBM Cognos?

Our experts can help. 228,467 professionals have used our research on 5,836 solutions.