IBM Cognos Review

The Report Studio has customized functionalities to create reports and analysis. Quicker technical support response time is needed.

What is most valuable?

The Report Studio feature has more customized functionalities to create reports and analysis.

How has it helped my organization?

Cube reporting functionality has been simplified for analyzing daily productivity.

What needs improvement?

This product needs to be improvised by:

• Clearly pointing out the issues/errors in the description to simplify the debugging process.
  • Enabling more GUI based functionality so that creation of dynamic report and dashboards by using Excel/flat file data is easier.

I have used this product for eight years.

The overall stability of the product meets expectations.

Scalability is good. We did not encounter any issues.

There is need for a faster resolution and expected time frame to resolve production issues. Whilst working on site and when support is needed for emergency issues, a quicker response time is required.

We have not used any other solutions.

The initial setup was simple and straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

If your organization requires features like more stability and customization of reports, then the IBM Cognos Suite is your one stop choice as a good BI tool.

10.2.2
More IBM Cognos reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Tableau
Learn what your peers think about IBM Cognos. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.