IBM Cognos TM1 Review

Allows you to plan, analyze, and report data.

What is most valuable?

• Flexible: You can do almost anything you want
  • Can be combined with other software
  • Calculates values
  • Decides who can write and read the values
  • Can be used to design your reports, almost exactly as you want
  • Can be used to plan/analyze/report anything. If you miss some stuff, you can program it and combine it with TM1.

I don't think there are many tools out there that are as flexible as this solution.

What needs improvement?

The surface design needs to be improved. The disadvantage is the old-fashioned surface of IBM Cognos TM1.

I would like to see a more modern design for IBM Cognos TM1 Perspectives/Architect. It is not as modern as some of the other products with which you can do your analysis and planning.

I have used this solution for several years.

The last version,10.1, was not really stable at the beginning. However, the latest version is fine.

I did not encounter any scalability issues.

The technical support is okay. You can also find lots of answers in different forums on the internet.

We were not using any other solution previously.

The initial setup was not complex.

I personally have not evaluated other options. However, my company has looked at other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

It is the best solution you can have. However, you have to know what you need for sure and what you want to do with the tool.

Every product is established for some special needs. It depends on what you need. You can choose the right tool accordingly.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a premium business partner.