IBM Datacap Review

Helps companies figure out how to use advanced imaging techniques, processes, and best practices

What is our primary use case?

IBM Datacap is a imaging platform that our company specializes in from a developer/architecture perspective. It is a platform, so you can write any type of capture or advanced imaging application. It produces great value and results.

How has it helped my organization?

We are thought leaders in the capture and imaging space. What we do is we help companies figure out how to use advanced imaging techniques, processes, best practices, and other tools, such as ODM or RPA. Our goal is to generate as much highly valuable output as possible.

What needs improvement?

Going forward, IBM needs to ensure that the output is perfect (as it can make the product) while staying true to platform's core.

The product is like every other enterprise product. Vendors (like Microsoft) should not be able to put software out there with a lot of bugs and fix them with enhanced packs and service packs. However, that's how it is.

No product is perfect. Our job, as solution architects and implementers, is to help customers get around these hurdles until they are fixed. We do it very well.

It is highly scalable. We have customers who are pumping through thousands of documents a day. If you're looking for enterprise, this is the solution because it is a platform. I can develop an accounts payable solution today on top of IBM Datacap, and tomorrow, I could be developing an HR application, which is huge.

One of our value adds is we have a very great relationship with the IBM support team. In a lot of cases, we will help IBM work the support system on behalf of the customer. From our perspective, support is great because we have the impact to help influence it, which is valuable.

The great thing about the cloud offering and tools that IBM Datacap implements are customers don't have to rely on anything. They are supported, maintained, and fix by IBM, so customers just pay and use.

Pricing needs to stay competitive.

What other advice do I have?

At the end of the day, our customers have a great night's sleep knowing that their software is being installed, maintained, and developed properly.

More IBM Datacap reviews from users