IBM Datacap Review

What is our primary use case?

We are using the tool to capture data from bills that customers send in.

It is not used on the business side. It is on the back-end side, and it is sort of automated. We process things for the digital channel.

How has it helped my organization?

We don't use it internally in the organization. We link into it and expose it to customers. Generally, it hasn't change the way we work, but we hope it will change the way our customers interact with us.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its ability to capture data, which changes all the time into different formats.

The usability is great. The tool is powerful, and it's the right thing for us to use.

The integration process was pretty easy. There were exposed APIs for us to call and the documentation was available for us. Therefore, we could do it pretty easily.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the product have the ability to process more documents in parallel. Right now, it is a single queue. Therefore, if you want to really test the load and stress test it, having multiple instances and the ability to scale it up would be great.

The stability is great.

I would like it to be able to handle multiple instances. E.g., if we had suddenly one million documents to load into it, the solution would work through them one by one. It would be great if it could dynamically scale up and have three or four instances that it could handle, or even many, concurrently.

I have a direct line to them, which is amazing. They are very good.

We were not using anything previously. This was something from our innovation stream. It was a new experiment that we wanted to test.

The initial setup was easy for us.

We worked directly with IBM.

It is supposed to reduce costs.

Pricing depends on how much we use it. We pay per bulk quantity. We pay as you go. Therefore, it sort of depends on our usage of it.

IBM offers a strong product. We also looked at Google's offerings with something similar. There was another company that we looked at, which I can't remember.

What differentiated IBM was we had a strong relationship with them already. It was a natural fit for development and support throughout our process and journey of this application.

What other advice do I have?

It is not easy, but it is worth the time to configure and set up. The benefits dramatically outweigh the cost and labor of implementing and using it.

Make sure that you are using it for the right reason. There has to be a compelling, valuable reason why and where you are going to put this product in, and you have to pick the right thing. Otherwise, you are wasting time and money.

We are using it for automation projects.

It is something that we want to continue to invest in and use.

More IBM Datacap reviews from users