IBM DataPower Gateway Review

Stable, scalable, and easy to work with

What is our primary use case?

The product is a data-driven solution for big enterprise-level companies including airlines and banks. They use the solution primarily for customer data and gather feedback from the customers specifically. The solution is used for its user experience aspects.

What is most valuable?

The solution is thorough.

It's been tested quite well. It's very robust.

The solution is very easy to work with.

What needs improvement?

The solution is quite expensive. They should work to help make it more affordable for more companies. Right now, I wouldn't consider the price point to be very competitive.

The solution requires a lot of training manuals in order to get to know it better and to be able to use it effectively.

The solution is extremely stable. It has to be. It's purchased by a lot of banks and companies in the finance sector. They rely on a strong level of security in the products they use.

The solution is definitely scalable. If a company needs to grow it bigger, they are able to do so quite easily. It's designed for large-scale users (users that are 1000+). It's mostly for IT departments to use, not regular end-users.

I've been in touch with technical support many times. I find that they offer highly knowledgeable people. However, if a company needs to use their consultants, they are very expensive.

I've used other API solutions in the past. IBM is a huge organization in comparison to most of the competition. It has massive development and offers very high-quality products. Most others don't really compare.

The initial setup is quite complex, but it's worth the effort because it works so well as a product.

We worked with consultants to implement the system. The solution is very consultant-friendly.

The solution is quite expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I'd advise other companies that are implementing the solution to make a narrow scope and be very clear with their scope before starting projects.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud