- For me an advantage was that it uses Java technology
- It has reduced administration costs, autonomic features reduce the time needed to tune and administer the database system
- I noticed that DB2 provides a secure and safe environment
- It has IBM support, when I had a question, I just asked the IBM support and they responded me in a short time
Room for Improvement:
- For me and the company that I work for was expensive
- When I bought it, it required complicated licensing
DB2 is a very good, reliable and solid database server with many functionalities. It may be overpriced, compared to MySQL, if the user is not using a lot of its functionalities. I believe functionality may be the primary differentiator. In my opinion, DB2 is comparable to Oracle or MSSQL in terms of features and performance.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Feb 18 2013