IBM ECM Review

Advanced Case Management automates claims and the underwriting processes for us. We're looking for more compatibility with other enterprise solutions.

What is most valuable?

We use Advanced Case Management to automate the claims and the underwriting processes. We also use a lot of bulk condition tools where we get unstructured content from various sources. We just kind of pump them through IBM tools into the FileNet depository. That adds a lot of value to the process and it also enhances our servicing capabilities to the end customers.

How has it helped my organization?

It is mostly the management of the unstructured content, and defined automated work flows to streamline the processes; those kinds of things.

What needs improvement?

I’d like to see more analytics and mobility features; I think that is where we're going towards.

There are a lot of things that can be improved. It's a big list; mostly, making FileNet compatible with a lot of the enterprise solutions we have around. I think that's the primary objective right now.

There are definitely challenges. It's not an easy solution. We have multiple applications, content in the millions coming into the system. We are working towards this. We are maturing. It will take some time. Our goal is to move towards a stable solution.

That's where we are working on it. I know FileNet has published articles on scalability and so on, and hopefully we will be able to use. There are a lot of complexities around scalability. It's not just application; it's infrastructure, back end solutions, and some of those things. We are working to make a cohesive scalable solution for the enterprise.

We do use the PMR mechanism to resolve all our issues. That's helping. Sometimes, there are some delays but I think overall, it's a good process.

Initial setup isn’t complex; it's pretty straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

It's good. It takes time to mature. I think that it is only a matter of time to make it scalable or optimal; it takes time. That’s the only reason I have not rated it higher. Other than that, it's a good, robust solution.

We are not yet considering employing IBM cloud, hybrid or box solutions. That’s definitely a compliance issue. There are a lot of things that we are currently working on. Definitely, at some point, we might.

As far as any new analytics or content management services that we're now able to provide for your organization, there are a lot of different strings within the company that work on that. I’m unable to comment on that, but it's mostly on the ECM side. But there are ways we can look at synergies between ECM and analytics. That's where I think the focus of IBM World of Watson was. I think that was one takeaway for me for the future.

There are definitely existing services that we're now able to provide better than before. I think that's the purpose of having Advanced Case Management. We were using an old technology and with the move to FileNet, we now have new capabilities, new features, and a new roadmap. That's definitely an advantage for us.

We do not yet have plans to include mobile, but definitely sometime in the future. There are a variety of use cases which we might use more of in the future.

More IBM ECM reviews from users