IBM Engineering Workflow Management Review

An excellent holistic solution that's stable and cost-effective

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to help us implement Scrum.

What is most valuable?

All of the features work together to provide a powerful holistic solution - from the dashboard all the way through to security.

What needs improvement?

We are currently using version four, but we looked at versions five and six and they are getting better and better. They're making planning easier. In version six they have something called a Quick Planner which would be nice to have in our version. In fact, if many of the features they have in five and six could be offered in four as well, that would be beneficial to us.

Some administrative tasks are difficult to perform. These could be simplified. For example:   setup sprint/iteration period - start and end. It may be simple to have a button to End Sprint / Start new Sprint and the application handle setup and definition. Another example in user holiday's handling to have one click to apply general holiday that applies to all team members.

I've been using the solution for six years.

The solution is stable. The level of performance you get out of it makes the workflow smooth.

We only have about 20 users; I can't really judge the solution's ability to scale. We do plan to increase usage in the future.

Technical support is good. We are now dealing with the local vendor here in Jordan. They are responsive and they have the skills and knowledge to help us to solve issues. Usually, we do try to solve issues internally, but sometimes we need local support.

We didn't previously use another solution.

For us, the initial setup was a bit difficult. We had to learn the setup by practicing. An expert may have been able to lessen the difficulty and the time needed to set up the solution. The first time we did the setup we didn't have a good understanding of Scrum and the terminology used in the Scrum process, and the corresponding terms. Once we understood everything the process became simple.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

We see the solution as cost-effective. You get what you pay for.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the on-premises deployment model.

I would advise others considering using the solution to have expertise in the solution from the beginning. Have someone who understands the tool and can help you utilize its features and you'll get an ROI right from the start.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.