IBM FileNet Review

Provides the ability to find the proper documents which are needed for business processes

What is our primary use case?

Document storage and workflow.

How has it helped my organization?

It improves the usability throughout the enterprise. We are able to find the proper documents which are needed for business processes.

What is most valuable?

• The scanning automation piece.
  • Being able to capture documents for retrieval.

What needs improvement?

There is always room for improvement.

The pieces that I have been looking for are becoming available. I am learning they are either on the roadmap or already been released. I am just not in a version of software that is capable of using it yet.

More than five years.

It is very stable and reliable.

I was a consultant for 15 years and had several customers, who I thought were large at the time, until my current employment which by far dwarfs it. So, the capability and the size are definitely scalable. I have seen from tiny installations to my current library, which is 1.5 billion documents and petabytes of data.

The technical support at IBM is knowledgeable and responsive.

The initial setup is complex. Though, it is straightforward for me since I have done it for so many years. It is complex because there are several pieces of software that have to be installed in the right order to make it work alright.