IBM FileNet Review

What is our primary use case?

In our organization, we have a lot of documents, such as policies. It is very critical for our organization to have safely and securely stored content in our system.

FileNet is the best tool in the business for our organization to store all our content, policy documents, and claims.

We have been using FileNet since 2000. Since then, we have been upgrading our file systems with a lot of tools and the latest file systems.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved my organization by how we release documents, claims, and policies. It is very important to quickly review documents to make the customer satisfied. This is solved when we use the product.

What is most valuable?

It is a faster, robust solution. The platform compatibility is very good.

What needs improvement?

To start with there are too many add-ons, which makes it hard for us. If they simplified the add-ons and plugins to be added to our existing systems, it would definitely help us in the future.

More than five years.

Stability is really good. Earlier, we used to have a lot of issues with the stability, especially with the updates for the new products. The new additions made now are so stable. It is a very good for operating systems. They have simplified it using products in different situations.

Scalability is really good. Earlier, it used to be a cluster-based solution. Now, with the latest versions over the last five or six years, we have a form architecture, which we produced. We find that it helps for scaling all of our systems to our service.

We use IBM support quite a lot. We have a license with this product, then whenever there are any issues, we always contact IBM to get them resolved.

The beauty is the response time. It is very good nowadays within the platform.

Earlier they used to have a very basic version of FileNet, the content services. That was back in the mid 90s. We also had the product that were being used on the FileNet site and also having too many issues. They came up with the new products like FileNet, which made it easier to store the documents. They added more security on top of the documents. So there's a lot implements that happened over time.

The main product we use is IBM based products, FileNet, the case manager and that stuff. On top of it we build a lot of APIs and other services and that includes supplemental customer applications. So for that, we mostly work with our participating companies who are rather preferable for our company.

It was complex. There were a lot of dependencies depending on the product. It had to be compatible with the Windows matching. All the time it had to be compatible with X and OS, so we did not have dependencies with all the operating system rights.

For the medium scale or large scale, I would recommend FileNet. FileNet is free of licensing expenses, thus good for the money. It is not expensive, but worth for the money, especially for medium scale and large scale industries.

For small scale industries, they allow different options. They can do open source. It is the complexity of the data security that they should think about before they choose.

There were a lot of other vendors trying to overtake it, like Hyland, for more than 15 to 20 years. FileNet has had the same platform which is stable, but it is very compatible with our requirements. It supports OS, Linux, Oracle and digital, making it more flexible than most products on the market.