IBM FileNet Review

It has a robust API. We are able to have systems communicate with each other.

What is our primary use case?

• Enterprise content
  • Document management
  • Worker's management, which we are currently not leveraging.

It is performed fine. It is a robust solution.

How has it helped my organization?

From the document management side, it is able to integrate with some of our other systems, such as SAP.

It has a robust API. We are able to have systems communicate with each other, and do business process automation. Although, there are a lot of opportunities that we have not leveraged yet.

What is most valuable?

• The document management elements
  • The worker's management pieces
  • The distributive environment capabilities

We run a global corporation with locations all around the world, therefore the distributive environment is important.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see Azure AD added.

It is a good, stable system.

I have found that it scales well.

I would rate the technical support as medium. I do not like the login process. It is not great.

Getting an ID, and the IDs across the different things. IDs used to solve similar problems.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

If you are planning on managing records, go with a OpenText, FileNet, or Documentum. A lot of times companies go with SharePoint as a default, but there are some pain points around worker's management in SharePoint.

What other advice do I have?

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: Company's position in the industry within that particular technology field. We want market leaders. A company who can support an 80,000 person company which is global.