IBM FileNet Review

It puts governance in place around the content and processes

What is our primary use case?

It is usually the client's system of record for their documents. In addition, it can be used for digital assets, like video and recordings.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides a centralized system of truth around their documents. It also allows them to automate their processes and gain efficiencies in cost reductions.

It puts governance in place around the content and processes:

• People can only see what they should be able to see.
  • It is auditable, so you have an audit trail.
  • Access levels can be set to certain parts of the document based on role level.

What is most valuable?

Our most valuable feature is it's highly scalable. There can be up to billions of documents or content items. It can support thousands to tens of thousands of concurrent users. There is also tight integration between the content and process functionality.

What needs improvement?

I would like IBM to improve with each release, continue moving towards a continual, tighter integration, and build solutions that take advantage of all the different modules the platform has from one place.

It is stable.

It is used by large enterprises. It has to be scalable and robust for them to use. We have seen that on multiple projects over the years.

We work very closely with IBM and their technical service as part of a solution proposal. We also work with them to support and implement our client systems. It's a team effort.

We have been using the platform over the years. They have continued to make the product easier to install. With the new release of container support, it's becoming even easier to install. The trick to it is the design architecture which allows you to scale, and also putting in performance tuning for the scaling to happen.

Some of our customers are IBM shops and work with IBM exclusively, but there are also customers who look at other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, IBM has a great end-to-end solution. I would highly recommend it.

Most important criteria for our customers when selecting a vendor: stable and scalable. Performance is a very big deal for most of our customers, and knowing it's a secure platform as well.