IBM FlashSystem Review

Micro latency of the flash provides real-time information, but it's a little expensive.

Valuable Features

The most valuable features of all the products are the high performance and micro latency.

Improvements to My Organization

I'm a Solutions Architect, so I don't have any from my company, but I do some projects for some clients where the unique performance and micro latency of the flash provides real- time information that is used to make strategic decisions.

Room for Improvement

Because the product is already mature, it doesn't need any improvement.

Use of Solution

From about two years when IBM first bought FlashSystem. I knew some things about it when it was Texas Memory System,

I didn't have issues with models 900 and v9000, but on previous versions, like the 720, I had some questions.

It is stable, because it's use an ASIC in it's development. Therefore, that does the job and it doesn't have software at its core.

It has great scalability.

It's very good because IBM always make sure they have good customer service.

Not so good in my country because they only have a few people with great knowledge about FlashSystem.

I've never used another solution.

The initial setup was very simple, because IBM have a default interface for all their storage systems.

Implementation Team

I did the implementation in-house.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It's a little expensive, so it's you need to have a good architect involved to explain it and make sure the project goes well.

Other Advice

Have good knowledge about the clients business.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Business partners