IBM FlashSystem Review
Consistently delivers performance below 1ms for read/write

What is our primary use case?

We are using the IBM FlashSystem 900 in a tiered storage environment virtualized behind the IBM SAN Volume Controller in a stretched-cluster topology.

How has it helped my organization?

The FlashSystem 900 consistently delivers performance below 1ms for read/write. This performance is essential for an effective SVC stretch-cluster configuration across two datacenters, and presenting active-active storage to the customer.

What is most valuable?

The performance monitoring feature is useful as it can report in 15 minute intervals by hour, day, week, month, or by a custom date range. Version 1.5.0.0 also has a useful feature which allows for IBM to provide remote support directly into the FlashSystem 900.

What needs improvement?

Three to five years.

The initial customer technical support was efficient and effective.

No previous solution was used.

The initial setup is very similar to setting up the IBM family of enterprise storage products (V7000, V9000, SVC, etc.).

We implemented with a business partner and IBM.

1 Comment

John Langlois, Scpm® Pmp®Vendor

Thanks for the feedback. Under Room for improvement you asked for "Include an option to upload the support package to the IBM ECuRep when opening an IBM PMR." I can see why nobody wants to find, wrap and send a diagnostic snap. So I'll give you that option now for no charge with IBM Storage Insights. Just send me a message in LinkedIn and I'll hook you up.

27 April 18