IBM Guardium Data Protection Review

You can divide roles, creating safe access zones; manage credentials; and access rules.

What is most valuable?

• Detailed and customizable reports with real-time alerts for the full vision of database/files activity.
  • Versatile rules for access control in real-time including blocking, masking, etc.: These rules are really helpful to fulfill enterprise security specifications. With them, you could divide roles, creating safe access zones; manage credentials; and access rules. The rules are easy to develop and customize.

What needs improvement?

• UI: Version 10 of Guardium was introduced with a new UI that was completely redesigned. Some fast-access functions and options are not easy to find in the new UI.
  • Real-time masking is a bit simple and doesn't allow you to create complex masking rules.

I have about one year of hands-on experience.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Technical support is 9/10. I participated in communication with tech support only once.

I did not previously use a different solution.

Initial setup is straightforward. All the commands are simple to understand. The installation guide is simple and comprehensive.

Before choosing this product, I evaluated Imperva products.

What other advice do I have?

This product could by easily used with other security products; for example, SIEM products such as IBM QRadar and ArcSight.

9.x and 10.x
More IBM Guardium Data Protection reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle Audit Vault
Learn what your peers think about IBM Guardium Data Protection. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.