IBM Guardium Data Protection Review

It can capture database queries and use policies to feed SIEM tools for deeper correlation and for analysis. It gives us a tamper-proof audit of logged data.

What is most valuable?

The Data Activity Monitor is the most valuable feature of this product.

It has the capability to capture database queries and is using policies to feed SIEM tools for deeper correlation and for analysis of cyber security concerns on monitored databases.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides our organization with an integrated and tamper-proof audit of logged data to ensure that the database activities are checked and operating according to the industrial best practices.

What needs improvement?

The maintenance and support aspects of the product need improvement.

Probably, it should be more related to the product patching method. Even though the support service was great, the resolution doesn't comes quick enough to address the client's issue. We understand those resolutions only exist in the next patch version after quality testing. However, till that release comes out, we have to suffer in silence with the bug issues.

I have used this solution for around two and half years.

We have encountered issues with stability.

We have encountered issues with scalability.

I would give the technical support a 7/10 rating.

We were not using any other product prior to this one.

The setup was not straightforward. There was some level of complexity in setting it up.

Ensure what you want to protect, since it is charged as per the database instances.

We evaluated a couple of other options.

I would not like to discuss this much as it affects the other companies' image and integrity. The competitive products have their own good and bad.

What other advice do I have?

You need to know what you want to protect very well.