IBM Guardium Data Protection Review

Fulfills the international standard security requirements, such as PCI DSS.

What is most valuable?

• Database Activity Monitoring: Fulfills the international standard security requirements, such as PCI DSS
  • It is very transparent on all of the query access controls of the monitored databases

How has it helped my organization?

According to my client, it fulfills the PCI DSS standard requirements that are implemented in his bank.

What needs improvement?

The graphics are so lame. I am sure that the latest version of Guardium, Version 10, would have improved it perfectly.

I see that they have improved the chart and diagram in the latest version of Guardium. However, there are some limitations on how the chart displays the data for analytic needs.

I am not sure if Guardium has the dashboard design to see the information much better.

I have used it for three years.

We did encounter stability issues. Do not upgrade directly to the latest fix pack unless people have confirmed that it is stable.

There were no scalability issues.

Technical support is always available for you. I suggest the following:

• Call IBM and make a Severity 2 request instead of Severity 3 request.
  • Ask them to provide remote access to your system right away.
  • Prepare the log files that they usually request.

They have changed the way of licensing. It is no longer according to your core. It is now based on how many servers you use. The price should be way less expensive.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Optus Solution is an IBM Business partner and I work for Optus. If you are looking for a company or a consultant, you may contact me via my email: lin.guangming2010@gmail.com.