IBM Guardium Data Protection Review

Very good for security and compliance, simple to use and manage

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is security of our data in the bank.

Performance is very good.

How has it helped my organization?

Security. This is the main capability that you have in this solution.

In terms of compliance, we need to track users, database logins, and run inquiries. Guardium stores this log information very well. We don't use it for compliance with industry regulations like SOX, PCI or GDPR.

We have integrated Guardium with our database, SQL server, Hadoop, and Oracle Database. The integration is very simple. We just installed the solution and the rest was very simple.

I believe Guardium save us time and money. Upper management is aware of these savings.

What is most valuable?

It's simple to use and managing the solution. It's very, very good for security and tracking users and databases in the organization.

Stability is very good. I don’t have downtime with this solution.

We used support to configure Guardium with Hadoop only. The support was good. I did not need to escalate this ticket.

The pricing was for a big package, including all IBM products. As such, it was good value.

I don’t know because I am new in this company. I don’t know the history.

What other advice do I have?

When selecting a vendor, I look at the price and the scope of solution.

My advice is to use this solution. For security and compliance it is very, very good.

More IBM Guardium Data Protection reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about IBM Guardium Data Protection. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.