IBM Guardium Data Protection Review

Our clients use Accelerators to help with PCI and GDPR compliance

What is our primary use case?

We have implemented it on an industrial network to monitor the production of medicines. This is something that is very controlled by Brazilian regulations and we have to keep an audit trail for this data. Trying to enable it on SQL Server - that was our client's main server - the load would go so high that they couldn't use the application anymore. They are using Guardium now so they can produce that audit trail for audit compliance.

How has it helped my organization?

We have integrated IBM Guardium with IBM Watson Curator. They access Curator to identify and correlate other actions the user is doing to determine if this is a legitimate action or not.

In terms of advanced features, our clients are starting to implement it on an order basis so they can get to GDPR and the like; those Accelerators. They also use it a lot for PCI, to get access to credit cards.

Guardium has saved us time and money, mainly on the discovery process and senior management is aware of this, of course.

What is most valuable?

The Audit Trail.

What needs improvement?

They could improve the Data Masking a little.

Stability is quite good. We had some problems, but support is very effective so we were able to solve them very quickly.

We had instability with reports, they were giving some errors. I don't know exactly what had happened because I wasn't the one involved, but we couldn't access reports.

Tech support is very good.

We knew we needed to switch because of that problem with the audit trail, that SQL couldn't keep up with what we needed to do for auditing. That's why we had to search for a new solution.

It's very easy.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of 10 because it is very stable; we had some problems but they were solved, and we can do what we need to do.

More IBM Guardium Data Protection reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about IBM Guardium Data Protection. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.