IBM Guardium Data Protection Review

You can divide roles, creating safe access zones; manage credentials; and access rules.

What is most valuable?

• Detailed and customizable reports with real-time alerts for the full vision of database/files activity.
  • Versatile rules for access control in real-time including blocking, masking, etc.: These rules are really helpful to fulfill enterprise security specifications. With them, you could divide roles, creating safe access zones; manage credentials; and access rules. The rules are easy to develop and customize.

What needs improvement?

• UI: Version 10 of Guardium was introduced with a new UI that was completely redesigned. Some fast-access functions and options are not easy to find in the new UI.
  • Real-time masking is a bit simple and doesn't allow you to create complex masking rules.

I have about one year of hands-on experience.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Technical support is 9/10. I participated in communication with tech support only once.

I did not previously use a different solution.

Initial setup is straightforward. All the commands are simple to understand. The installation guide is simple and comprehensive.

Before choosing this product, I evaluated Imperva products.

What other advice do I have?

This product could by easily used with other security products; for example, SIEM products such as IBM QRadar and ArcSight.