IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimization Studio Review

Helps me solve mathematical modeling and obtain exact solutions

What is our primary use case?

I need to do searches, solve mathematical modeling and obtain exact solutions, so I need to use CPLEX to obtain the exact solutions. I usually use CPLEX, but sometimes I use metaheuristics, and I use CPLEX to compare with metaheuristics. It is very convenient and very easy for me.

It performs very well but because I'm not very familiar with it I still need to learn more about it.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use compared to other software, like Lingo.

What needs improvement?

I would like for them to offer a free version. We have to use the version that we got from my teacher but sometimes it doesn't work.

I would also like for there to be more tutorials explaining how to improve solutions. Sometimes I do not know how to improve my solution, so I need a tutorial for that.

Mostly it is good but sometimes it is very slow. My program, my problem, is a little bigger and my scale is a little larger.

I have not needed to use technical support. I got CPLEX from my teacher and if I have any problems I go to him for help.

What other advice do I have?

I would certainly recommend CPLEX to my colleagues or friends at the university who are doing algorithms. I actually did advise my colleague to use it, because he is also doing the integer program.