IBM Information Analyzer Review

Product had purported features that fell short of how they were hyped, or didn't work at all.

What is most valuable?

3 - Best used in tandem with other IBM Infosphere products

How has it helped my organization?

For basic Business Rule Creation to cleanse Legacy data, it worked as intended. Lacked functionality to get creative.

What needs improvement?

Business Rule builder needs to be worked on - if we jointed tables (even if we create virtual tables) from other modular areas the function would time-out.

1 year

Yes - it would go down constantly until IBM spent a better part of several weeks (and our budget to pay their consultants) stabilizing it. Seriously freaky stuff - data on screens shaking...no joke.

Many.

Customer Service: 5/5Technical Support: 5/5

We used the Data Stage.

Vendor team - Expertise high - but selling us the product seemed to be their primary objective - our ability to realize the program's potential (Viability wise) was definitely secondary.

Stopped using it. Took a loss.

What other advice do I have?

Be sure your people on the ground who will be using it are in the room with IBM making sure their needs are represented and addressed. They'll know the legacy data landscape, and where it's going...not management.
1 Comment

author avatar

To be honest I didn't understood if the user is reffering to business rules in Information Analyzer or QualityStage rules, if is rules in IA it helps filter specific data and can then be used in a DataStage job to split data streams based on rules validation and as well capture exceptions in the data quality console. With regards to server performance as mentioned there are several topologies to implement the product and some perhaps include IADB installation in a separated DB server to avoid performance downgrade, it all depends on the data volumes to profile.