What is our primary use case?
- I currently administer Informix for different clients.
- I have configured the HDR, RSS, SDSS and connection manager options with a cluster with optimal performance nodes.
The version of the Informix is 14.10 Enterprise Edition.
How has it helped my organization?
- OLTP processing capacity and the availability of information with high availability implementation have been significantly improved.
- The increase in the number of users has not prevented the proper performance of the engine.
- I've had the cluster configuration online for over a year.
- With Informix, I sleep peacefully.
What is most valuable?
- I have been administering Informix for 10 years, and it's a highly reliable product, robust, processes high volumes of information, etc.
- Its high availability characteristic is very stable and easy to configure and administer compared to Oracle to be performed higher than lower costs.
- I really think it's a robust database tool and an excellent support.
What needs improvement?
I am expecting the new version 14.1 that brings significant improvements to replication.
With Informix, everything that's expected is met.
For how long have I used the solution?
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
The solution is very stable!!! I have come to have instances of Informix with more than two years in the online state without losing its performance.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
The DBMS Informix in scalability is optimal and never degraded your perfomance
How are customer service and technical support?
The experience with technical support is excellent.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
How was the initial setup?
The initial setup may be complex if no knowledge of the product is known.
Informix provides a basic setup that gets an initial configuration to operate.
The setting of the configuration requires knowledge of the product and its bonds.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
Which version of this solution are you currently using?