IBM Informix Review

Good stability, and performance, with enhanced functionality

What is most valuable?

The solution's stability, performance, enhanced functionality, and replication are all great features.

What needs improvement?

The solution doesn't include functionality like data anonymization. We have this functionality in other solutions like In SQL and Oracle but not in Informix. IBM has another product for anonymization, called InfoSphere Optim. Some clients want that anonymization in the engine, not in another product. Instead of making it a separate product, they should merge the two, or make anonymization available in this solution as well.

There should be more intelligence surrounding discovering data to be able to automatically create indexes.

I've been using the solution since 1995.

Unfortunately, we don't have local technical support in Morocco. We have only call support; we don't have access to on-site support. We must have someone that's remote try to take action on our machine if there are issues.

The initial setup was easy.

The pricing is okay because we are able to negotiate costs. However, the solution should make an effort to adjust the pricing so that we can get the same pricing in Morocco as we would get in the United States.

What other advice do I have?

We use all deployment models, including cloud and on-premises.

I'd recommend the solution; I'd rate it nine out of ten.