IBM InfoSphere BigInsights Review

I installed and connected it into some repositories with the solution. The next installation with the console wizard was very simple.

Valuable Features:

Watson is the perfect engine for text analysis for us, but in 2014 it doesn’t support the Russian language.

Improvements to My Organization:

We didn’t use these products in production environment. For test only.

Room for Improvement:

I’d like to see Russian language in supported languages for Watson.

Use of Solution:

I've used it for four months.

Deployment Issues:

No I did’t. These products has a good documentation for installation and support.

IBM support tried to help us very quickly, but we have very difficult environment. This factor was constrain time for resolve the problem

Previous Solutions:

We used Cloudera and Hortonworks. Now we work with Hortonworks because it free for production environment over 100 machines.

Initial Setup:

I did’t have any problems with installation. I installed IBMIM and connected into it some repositories with solution. Next installation with console wizard was very simple.

ROI:

For our business customer pricing is very important motivation, so I can advise change licensing policy from “by volume in the cluster” to “number of machines in the cluster”. If it possible, sure.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We have a partner status with IBM and sell licenses to our customers.