IBM InfoSphere BigInsights Review

I installed and connected it into some repositories with the solution. The next installation with the console wizard was very simple.

What is most valuable?

Watson is the perfect engine for text analysis for us, but in 2014 it doesn’t support the Russian language.

How has it helped my organization?

We didn’t use these products in production environment. For test only.

What needs improvement?

I’d like to see Russian language in supported languages for Watson.

I've used it for four months.

No I did’t. These products has a good documentation for installation and support.

IBM support tried to help us very quickly, but we have very difficult environment. This factor was constrain time for resolve the problem

We used Cloudera and Hortonworks. Now we work with Hortonworks because it free for production environment over 100 machines.

I did’t have any problems with installation. I installed IBMIM and connected into it some repositories with solution. Next installation with console wizard was very simple.

For our business customer pricing is very important motivation, so I can advise change licensing policy from “by volume in the cluster” to “number of machines in the cluster”. If it possible, sure.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We have a partner status with IBM and sell licenses to our customers.