IBM InfoSphere MDM Review

It provided a gold copy of a customer database, and although probabilistic search is supported, this feature was not an out-of-the-box API until v11.4.

What is most valuable?

From a business perspective, probabilistic search is the most valuable feature.

The Evergreen Console UI and suspected duplicate processing are the most beneficial features for the customer.

How has it helped my organization?

My customer has been able to get a gold copy of its customer database using MDM. This is most beneficial for businesses when they have multiple source system feeds. It also helps merge databases post merger/acquisitions.

What needs improvement?

Though probabilistic search is supported, this feature is not an out of the box API. We need to code and customize product to retrieve the results. Thanks to the IBM team, this was fixed in v11.4.

I have been using it since 2010.

Turn around time for PMRs raised with IBM for support is pretty low. Highly appreciated for the prompt support.

I don't have working knowledge in any other MDM solutions, however, from what I have read on comparison with others, IBM MDM leads.

deployment is pretty straight forward. Its easy for a developer having basic knowledge of Java/J2EE and Unix.

I have deployed it twice by myself, with no help from a vendor.

The pricing depends on the number of parties to be maintained. I believe it's okay from a selling perspective.

What other advice do I have?

It is one of the best MDM solutions available on market. It is a good solution and there is pretty good product support from IBM, so I strongly recommend it.