IBM InfoSphere MDM Review

We are able to identify fraudulent requests, but the stack architecture seems too complicated.

Valuable Features

The ability to standardize and match names using a combination of global name recognition and an MDM server is a valuable feature for us.

Improvements to My Organization

We are able to streamline processes, identify fraudulent requests, and provide additional services.

Room for Improvement

At the time global name recognition was purely batch-oriented, as it needed to become transactional/real time. The stack architecture seems too complicated as a result of having too many components that needed to be built together.

Use of Solution

I've used it for several years.

It was OK.

Scalability was sometimes a problems depending on the pre-selection criteria.

Support was OK; it did show however that IBM is not a single organization. There was a need to bridge the towers across the different components within the solution. My recommendation is to get a customer representative who works on bridging the differences within IBM’s organization.

No previous solutions were used.

We were the SI team implementing for a client.

Implementation Team

IBM supported aspects of the implementation.

Other Solutions Considered

No other options were evaluated.

Other Advice

Make sure to understand how MDM fits into the overall application landscape. Also, cross check the use of MDM against existing processes.

1 visitor found this review helpful