IBM InfoSphere MDM Review

It helps us solve regulatory requirements with regards to anti-money laundering, which is a must for a financial company. However, it needs a better database.

Valuable Features

Customer data matching is a valuable feature.

Improvements to My Organization

MDM helps to solve regulatory requirements with regards to anti-money laundering, which is a must for a financial company.

Room for Improvement

It needs a better database.

Use of Solution

I've used it for seven years.

No serious challenges, they can be overcome,

I'm satisfied, 8/10.

No previous solution was used.

It’s not straightforward. It requires time to fully understand how the internal product works.

Implementation Team

In-house, but with help from a hired contractor who was recommended by the vendor.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It’s not a cheap product to acquire and to operate.

For the company I work for, not having MDM is not an option. My company chose a number of record licenses schemes.

Other Solutions Considered

No other options were looked at.

Other Advice

Do not rush, plan it properly, and ensure you have enough time to correct any mistakes. It's not a perfect product, but the vendor we chose is reliable and dependable.

MDM is quite a niche market, the vendor also doesn’t have a skilled team, and they have to assemble multiple skills (database, data management, WebSphere, hardware, etc.) to install it.

1 visitor found this review helpful