IBM InfoSphere MDM Review

It helps us solve regulatory requirements with regards to anti-money laundering, which is a must for a financial company. However, it needs a better database.

What is most valuable?

Customer data matching is a valuable feature.

How has it helped my organization?

MDM helps to solve regulatory requirements with regards to anti-money laundering, which is a must for a financial company.

What needs improvement?

It needs a better database.

I've used it for seven years.

No serious challenges, they can be overcome,

I'm satisfied, 8/10.

No previous solution was used.

It’s not straightforward. It requires time to fully understand how the internal product works.

In-house, but with help from a hired contractor who was recommended by the vendor.

It’s not a cheap product to acquire and to operate.

For the company I work for, not having MDM is not an option. My company chose a number of record licenses schemes.

No other options were looked at.

What other advice do I have?

Do not rush, plan it properly, and ensure you have enough time to correct any mistakes. It's not a perfect product, but the vendor we chose is reliable and dependable.

MDM is quite a niche market, the vendor also doesn’t have a skilled team, and they have to assemble multiple skills (database, data management, WebSphere, hardware, etc.) to install it.

1 visitor found this review helpful