Ibm

IBM InfoSphere Optim Review
It has more data privacy options than older technologies. Initial setup was a bit tedious and time consuming.

Valuable Features:

• Data masking
  • Test data environment setup and management

Improvements to My Organization:

Makes it really easy to obfuscate big tables involving lots of columns and to manage 100’s of tables without putting in much effort.

Room for Improvement:

Data masking with InfoSphere Optim products creates intermediary extract files and writing the data to persistent storage, which means that extraction, masking, and insertion happen being separate processes, taking more for the process to run.

Use of Solution:

I have used IBM InfoSphere Optim for five years.

Stability Issues:

We have not had any stability problems.

Scalability Issues:

We have had some scalability issues.

Previous Solutions:

We previously used IBM DataStage. There is a lot less flexibility in the InfoSphere DataStage Pack compared to the InfoSphere Optim products for selecting a specific subset of data to be masked. DataStage is driven by supplied SQL statements, whereas InfoSphere Optim is driven by traversing the database model and picking up related data elements from a starting point. Optim has more data privacy options.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was a bit tedious and time consuming.

Other Advice:

It’s very helpful in the mainframe environment.

1 visitor found this review helpful
Anonymous avatar x30

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About IBM InfoSphere Optim?

Our experts can help. 219,209 professionals have used our research on 5,617 solutions.