IBM InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management Review

What is our primary use case?

Provide production-like data to lower environments, allowing us to eliminate risks of data exposure.

How has it helped my organization?

While allowing us to eliminate all sensitive data in lower environments, it also allows us to integrate in-house developed libraries.

What is most valuable?

Even when a masking-on-demand feature was provided, we decided to write our own to meet the actual business needs. Currently embedded in an Oracle instance, it allows us to reach all kinds of RDBMS.

What needs improvement?

Areas of improvement:

• Installation is too cumbersome.
  • GUI
  • Very clunky Windows 3.1 look and feel.

Additional features: Unless I missed something, the direct connectivity to DB2i rather than going through a federated server.

More than five years.

Fairly stable, I moved from 9.1 through 11.3 FP6 with no incidents.

IBM InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management can be found in the following platforms: Windows, Linux, *nix and z/OS. This presents a great opportunity to scale code, develop multiplatform libraries as I did. Update the code once and deploy to all platforms.

Great, up to the point when you actually figure it out and no longer require assistance. Unless, you need support to interpret the log files.

Fairly simple once the documents were digested and skimmed for the target platforms.

In-house, by myself.