IBM InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management (TDM) Review

Automates recurring processes that create and manage non-production environment data.

What is most valuable?

• Optimizing and automating recurring processes that create and manage non-production environment data.
  • Creating right-sized fictionalized test databases.
  • Protecting sensitive data in non-production environments: Sensitive data such as national IDs, credit card numbers, email addresses and confidential corporate information can be masked to protect it from misuse and fraud.

How has it helped my organization?

This product allowed us comprehensive test data management capabilities for creating right-sized, fictionalized test databases and it accurately provides subsets of referential intact data.

We have been using this solution for six years.

IBM Optim TDM is quite stable. We have never had any stability problems.

IBM Optim solutions are highly scalable. We have never had any scalability issues.

I rate level of technical support a good 7/10.

We didn't use any different solution before.

Initial setup is a little bit complex.

Pricing and licensing models may vary depending on the server infrastructure.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated Informatica Test Data Management and Oracle Data Masking.

What other advice do I have?

Optim Test Data Management and Privacy solutions help you to create right-sized test databases, automate test processes and mask sensitive data to protect privacy, maximize the accuracy of testing using production data for test purposes.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer:
More IBM InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management (TDM) reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Broadcom, Informatica and others in Test Data Management. Updated: September 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.