IBM Integration Bus Review

The tech support is very good.

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of this solution is for establishing an enterprise service between the orchestrated transactions of two different channels. This is the main purpose of this product.

How has it helped my organization?

There is a concept behind the project of this technology, the ESP technology, it is just the layer because of the bus between front systems and back systems, So if I want to change anything in the back system, no need to change in the front system, only this layer. So what do is, we make the integration of the system much, much easier and faster. So there is only  one layer to control the integration of the communication.

What needs improvement?

The resources about IBM are hard to find, and it is not enough material. Finding people who know this product is problematic.

More than five years.

The product is very stable.

The scalability actually depends upon the number of users, channels and transactions per second. Horizontal it is hard to add more, but vertical is very easy.

Tech support is very good, but it takes time to resolve any issue.

I have prior experience with Oracle. The work bus and the the word map is totally different from Oracle.  In Oracle you're doing the job management most of the time, in IBM product, their version, it's much easier. You just try to sync with it and that's all. IBM is an easier product to use.

I also have prior experience with Microsoft, but that was in 2008. At that time, there were issues with integration

It is very straightforward. It is very user-friendly integration.

It is important to consider:

• API control
  • Firewall security

I have no comment on pricing.

What other advice do I have?

IBM recently changed the name of this solution to IBM API-Connect. With the new name, they have added two new features, such as connecting to the cloud.