IBM Integration Bus Review

Great for productivity ,and Run-time performance , easy to learn and use.

What is our primary use case?

The IBM Integration Bus platform is Advanced Enterprise service bus , Typically used in SOA Environments . with newer version it can work it container based platforms and can be used to implement Micro services.

We have implemented IIB/WMB Based Solution in multiple organizations helping them to adopt Service oriented architecture , and eliminating point to point integrations.

How has it helped my organization?

IIB helped our clients having clean Overall solution , doing decoupling between different systems , eliminating duplicate point to point integration points . replacing legacy integration products ,and having high performing stable trouble free Enterprise service bus

What is most valuable?

IIB is feature rich product it is hard to point to a single feature , but most important is IIB supports most communication protocols out the box (SOAP/REST/HTTP/MQ/JMS/TCP/Files)

Native support of Asynchronous calls .  support of multiple message formats (XML/JSON/ CWF/CSF/SWIFT/HL7....)

Global Transaction Co-ordination

Horizontal and Vertical Scalability .

What needs improvement?

It would be better with more API management features.

More Micro-service and container based support. IBM is already working on it on Version 11, but it still needs improvement.

Also IIB have cloud version ,it is doesn't have all features of the On premise version , and needs more improvement .

I have been using IBM Integration Bus since 2007.

IBM Integration Bus is almost perfect in terms of stability.

We can easily do the required scalability with IBM Integration Bus. We have never faced an issue. Plus, it is very straightforward.

I didn't need to contact IBM technical support very much.

In older versions, the setup was very complex. In recent releases, it's been very straightforward.

I am working in a consultancy company. We install this for most of our clients. We develop services for them using it.

What other advice do I have?

IIB very flexible.nearly limitless , You can easily overload it with duties that it's not meant to hold. Organizations needs to have strong their architecture team and SOA governance during and After implementation .to avoid overloading the ESB Layer.

I would give IBM Integration Bus an 11 out of 10. I have tried solutions from competitors Brands. There is no comparison.