IBM Kenexa Review

It has the flexibility to be configured the way that you need it to work; with the various tools, offer letters, forms, and the way that the system's structured

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature of Kenexa, I believe, is the flexibility to configure the tool the way that you need it to work; with the various tools, offer letters, forms, and the way that the system's structured. Being that it's an off-the-shelf system, the flexibility makes it easier for companies to configure the system, to suit their needs.

Improvements to My Organization

It's benefited our organization, because we don't have to worry about all of the background configuration, and coding, and development. They provide the tools, and Kenexa behind the scenes does the work of all the coding and developing the product. They give us the flexibility to do what we need to do in our business.

Room for Improvement

Being in a silo of my own world, my wish would be that everything that's available in their legacy views would be moved into their new Talent Suite products, so we could move over to that. We have certain features and functions that we cannot move away from due to government regulations and compliance needs, and some of those are not available yet in the newer UI.

Overall, the stability is very good. Very few blips here and there, but overall it's excellent.

Scalability seems to be there; falls in line with the flexibility to configure the system. You bring in new business areas, you have the flexibility to configure it and set it up to where you can roll those portions or new companies right into your existing system, seamlessly.

I have occasionally used the help desk. Their help desk support works. They are responsive. They do their job.

We were previously using a home-grown system; one that was developed by Lockheed Martin. It didn't have the scalability or flexibility that we needed to modify and adjust to the growing needs of the staffing world.

For our company, initial setup was pretty complex, because we were trying to combine multiple systems into one. There were a lot of differences between our internal business areas. However, all that was overcome and we were able to implement it, on time, with the solution that worked for everybody.

Other Solutions Considered

I do not know the other vendors that were considered, now and why the company eventually chose Kenexa. I was not involved in the RFP process.

When selecting a vendor to work with, the most important criteria for me is that the vendor has a proven track record, and good referrals from other customers. Somebody that's going to stand behind their product, and be there to help you out when you need the help.

Other Advice

It's a great company to work with. I've been using the Kenexa BrassRing since 2007, so I've been using the product for quite a long time, and seen how far it's come. I just think it's a good tool, with great flexibility.

I’m giving it a high rating because, whenever we do run across critical issues or things that we need to get addressed right away, they always seem to rise to the occasion, have our back, chip in, and do their part to help us get the task accomplished on time.