IBM Kenexa Review

What is most valuable?

I think the advantage of Kenexa is the degree to which we can configure to meet our specific needs. It is very configurable.

How has it helped my organization?

It makes it easy for us to assess whether the candidates that we're looking at. We use BrassRing to determine whether the candidate that we're looking at meets the requirements for various jobs. It helps recruiters review applicants quickly and be in touch with candidates on a real-time basis. It also keeps recruiters informed throughout the process because of the rules automation manager (RAM) and other items that we've set up to advise them when certain conditions are met.

What needs improvement?

Improved integrations: There are all kinds of issues with integrations, hires failing. It's on us as much as IBM, but we need to work together to figure out how to make integrations work better.

It seems fairly stable. It's a stable platform in terms of what has been released in recent upgrades. They're all pretty minor; hasn't been anything revolutionary. The updates that have been made are all for the better.

Scalability is not really a concern for us. We're only in the US and we deployed to everybody immediately.

We use the global support center pretty extensively whenever there's an issue. They have been phenomenal.

We were replacing our HCM on our ATS. It was an outdated system.

When selecting a vendor, the most important criteria for me are consistency, configurability, being on the front edge. All those things.

Initial setup was pretty complex; relatively complex. We just have the applicant tracking system, not the whole HCM, so comparatively speaking, it's not as complex as it could be.

What other advice do I have?

Look at maintenance as well as initial investment, and the ability to work with you after the initial deployment.