IBM Kenexa Review

The reporting tool and configuration features provide a customized solution for applicant tracking.

What is most valuable?

In my opinion, the reporting tool and configuration features provide a better customized solution in regards to applicant tracking.

How has it helped my organization?

This tool is very powerful and the ability to tweak it in order to meet desired processes and controls is valuable. We could get data on recruiting and effectively utilize it to make business decisions. Furthermore, we could comply with regulations owing to the right controls within this tool.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could do with an overhaul. Also, some screens that are not configurable should be opened to clients for customization.

I have used it for almost two years.

Rarely any stability issues were encountered. There were a few minor issues from time to time but overall this product is fairly reliable.

We did not encounter any scalability issues.

Technical support is required for configurations but integrations with other tools would need a technical resource. Most tasks can be accomplished within the user interface with a little training. IBM provides a lot of support for this as well.

We had used KRE, the other ATS offering from Kenexa before BrassRing and switched to this tool for better functionality.

Initial setup was complex because BrassRIng is quite flexible. Essentially, it required a lot of decision making such as drawing on a blank slate.

We went through a RFP process. However, I do not have details on which vendors were evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

There is a need to have a dedicated resource for maintenance and training. The tool is configurable but can also get complex to understand, depending on how the recruiting process is designed.