IBM MaaS360 Review
Fiberlink's Maas360 used to be one of the top MDM solutions, but now there are better rated options.

Valuable Features

Ability to lock or wipe the device if it becomes lost or stolen. Control what users can and cannot do on their corporate phone through policies, and the ability to inventory the wireless devices in the field.

Improvements to My Organization

Before Maas360 we had no way of knowing of how many devices were in the field due to IT not being a part of the purchasing process. We are now able to inventory devices and require end users to contact us in order to get their phones setup. Also, we do not allow BYOD at our company because of HIPAA policies, since Maas360 links with our Exchange server we get a notification if personal devices show up on our network and can take appropriate actions.

Room for Improvement

Android device enrollment is a difficult process compared to how easy Apple IOS enrollment is. Also, there is a glaring security flaw were users can wipe their phones and they still show compliant in Maas360.

Another issue is when new Android phones come out, Maas360 is not able to implement the new features that have been introduced on the phone. For example when fingerprint login was available for Galaxy S5, Maas360 was not even ready to offer that feature as part of the policy you implement for your phone. Apple on the other hand usually has their features ready for Maas360 within the first few weeks of release.

Use of Solution

Almost 3 years.

Besides your standard end user issues....then no.

There have been complaints of the Maas360 app that is required on the devices to drain the phone battery faster than normal. Also, I have had an issue with the Maas360 app failing and causing my phone to become unusable.

No scalability issues.

Good.

I've noticed a little bit of a decline of responsiveness since IBM has taken them over.

Implementation Team

In-house.

Other Solutions Considered

I believe we were looking at Good Technologies as well.