IBM MaaS360 Review

It's given us complete control of devices allowed to receive company data, but I'd like to see one-click app distribution to a single device or user.

Valuable Features:

• Passcode enforcement on devices containing corporate email or data
  • The notification of new devices accessing corporate email and VPN connectivity
  • Deploying needed applications to device groups

Improvements to My Organization:

The product has given us complete control of devices allowed to receive company data. It is important that only salaried employees receive corporate email on mobile devices. Checking and responding to corporate email outside of normal scheduled shifts by hourly employees, can and should be time paid.

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see one-click app distribution to a single device or user. Perhaps I need further instruction in this area if it is supposed to function in this way currently. I would also like the ability to add a nagging message to any user that falls out of compliance.

Use of Solution:

I've used it for three years.

Stability Issues:

It does seem that the more devices we added, the slower the management console operates.

Scalability Issues:

The product has been completely scalable and stable throughout our experience.

Excellent and responsive customer service anytime I have had an issue or question.

Initial Setup:

The initial setup and deployment of the product was straightforward. There were some issues to work through initially.

I would recommend having a network and security person involved, as there were several considerations involving the firewall and Exchange server that I was not knowledgeable about.

Implementation Team:

We had a Fiberlink team work remotely through teleconference. The Fiberlink team as well as our team here at MACL scheduled a series of calls, where Fiberlink was able to connect remotely to our server and aid in the initial setup.

We received instructions on the tasks that we needed to complete, such as: acquiring the Apple security certificate, the Exchange server export, etc. Again, my advice would be to involve a representative from your network and exchange areas to aid in proper access of the product.

ROI:

I’m not sure we realize a true ROI in the way we use the product. It is more of a security need in the medical industry. It is a very effective product at a reasonable monthly cost per device.

Other Solutions Considered:

We briefly evaluated other vendors prior to choosing Maas360. We were impressed with the scalability, affordability, and the product as a whole. We have never regretted our decision in choosing Maas360 as our MDM product.

Other Advice:

We are very pleased with the Maas360 product and plan to continue use as our company grows.

1 visitor found this review helpful