IBM Maximo Review

Helps in keeping track of and classifying our help desk requests, but the extensive data entry requirements dissuade its use

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is logging our help desk requests. It is essential for incident management and request management.

What is most valuable?

The incident management feature is good because it allows you to keep track of and classify issues.

What needs improvement?

I feel that the interface is a little too complicated with a large number of fields to enter. People don't want to enter a lot of information. Rather, they would like to enter the minimum amount of information required to get the work done. Making it more user-friendly may help in this regard.

I have been using IBM Maximo for about two years.

I feel that it is a stable solution.

I have not looked into scalability. Our network team would evaluate scalability if it became an issue. About 60 people are supposed to be using it, although because of the large amount of data entry, I think that many people are just not completing the task.

I have not been in contact with technical support.

I have been looking at Azure as a comparison and I feel that it is a little bit simpler to use.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering Maximo is that it is very comprehensive, provided you like to fill in a lot of information. It collects a lot of data and a lot of analysis can be done. However, in our experience, we find that people don't want to do it. If they are grouping jobs then they don't want to enter a lot of information. In this case, entering the minimum is better.

This is the biggest problem that we are facing. There is a lot of work to do and following all of the processes and procedures is time-consuming because of the data entry.

I would rate this solution a five out of ten.

More IBM Maximo reviews from users