IBM Maximo Review

Its capabilities let us organize our work

What is our primary use case?

It is a software specialized in asset management, but nowadays, it is more than this.

How has it helped my organization?

With Maximo, we can manage, organize, and track incidents, claims, jobs, tasks, preventive and corrective maintenance, locations, and assets. Also, we can correlate all these items in order to obtain reports, such as how many incidents per locations, when was the last preventive maintenance in a location, who was the technician that did the job, or what was the spare part that he used, etc.

What is most valuable?

The main feature of Maximo is the capabilities of recording, tracking, and correlating. These are important items in the management of a company. These capabilities let us organize our work.

What needs improvement?

The mobile solution has a lot of room for improvement, especially in geopositioning capabilities, tracking capabilities, and configuration capabilities, in order to let the tech operate online and offline.

Three to five years.

Maximo is very stable. We really do not have problem with stability.

We were able to scale perfectly.

Technical support is a seven on scale of one to 10.

We did not have a previous solution.

Maximo is a big system, so the initial setup is complex. I would recommend that you implement it in parts according with your most important processes.

Explore internal processes in order to evaluate the correct number of users in each Maximo module, then evaluate the different offers of pricing and licensing.

I did not participate in the evaluation.

What other advice do I have?

My recommendations:

• Before starting, review your internal processes. It is a good opportunity to update them.
  • Explore Maximo's add-ons. There are a lot specialized, different industries.
  • Implement Maximo in parts.