IBM Maximo Review

Work order management and scalability enables the businesses' needs to be met

What is our primary use case?

We have fully used Maximo for maintenance and inventory and purchasing management to manage cement factory operations and maintenance for more than 11 years. We have implemented Maximo at seven sites and are still adding sites. All our sites are hosted in one environment using multi-organization and multi-site configurations. We integrate Maximo with a financial system (Navision), and we built dashboards on top of the Maximo database using its business intelligence tool. We have upgraded Maximo twice: once from 6.4 to 7.5, and more recently, from 7.5 to 7.6.

How has it helped my organization?

It keeps the history of the transactions, so we can anticipate the asset behavior and costs in the future. It enables management to be able to tape the session.

Maximo has been suitable for businesses as it expands and shrinks according to market needs and operational conditions.

What is most valuable?

• The Preventive Maintenance feature, especially in its inspection routines and KPI abilities, is valuable.
  • Work order management and scalability enables the businesses' needs to be met.
  • Maximo is easy to learn.

What needs improvement?

The standard reports that shipped with the package need to be enriched with more advanced reports, especially for the Inventory Management sections.

More than five years.

Stability is good. We moved to the cloud with no issues.

Maximo's scalability enabled us to extend its usage from one site to be used in multiple sites with little configuration. This also enabled us to benchmark performance, manage inventory levels, inherit reports, and manage process and configuration on old and new sites.

I have my own in-house team who do technical support.

We did not use a solution prior to IBM Maximo.

The initial setup is easy, but I would recommend setting it up at a low level and maturing the solution over time.

What other advice do I have?

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Capabilities
  • Support
  • Reliability
  • How will it help the organization's decision-making.
  • Running costs and starting costs.
1 visitor found this review helpful