IBM MobileFirst Review

It provides access management for the enterprise user as well as for the consumer.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features is that we are using the IBM MobileFirst, which is actually providing a gateway to all the mobile resources either for the employees or for the consumers. So, that is very important for us.

How has it helped my organization?

It is very beneficial as without this solution, we have to go out for using Edwards Performance Solutions. Thus, the benefits of that is providing access management for the enterprise user as well as for the consumer. So, that would be very beneficial for us.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see machine learning and iWork as a part of the product. That is what we are actually heading towards to support all the incidents. Basically, iWork is the one that we are looking to add to this product.

The stability is pretty good. We didn't come across any issues so far. It is flexible to expand the solution as well.

Right now, it is doing very well. You can actually scale up to a million transactions, so no issues have been experienced so far.

The technical support is really good. There are some layers of support mechanism, so it depends on which one you enroll to but right now, the support is doing well.

We were actually using different components. However, this product provides all the components in one platform, so that is why we switched to this. But earlier we were using Crittercism Solutions and also other different products. However, this product provides all the solutions in one platform.

We usually go with the Garnett Business Solution's recommendations. We went through almost 17 recommended providers and eventually, chose IBM as our mobile provider.

I was involved in the setup process. It is straightforward.

We have looked at other solutions namely Corning MobileAccess, Salesforce and IBM. However, after comparing all the feature sets, I said that IBM has all the supported features that are required for our product, so we went with IBM.

What other advice do I have?

You can definitely go with this product, without thinking anything about it. In case of the mobile gateway, I would definitely recommend it.

I still see this product is somewhere between the premature and the mature stages.