IBM MQ Review

Good usability with very good publish and subscribe features

What is most valuable?

The subscribe and publish features are excellent. We use them a lot.

The usability of the solution is very good.

What needs improvement?

There isn't that much happening with the installation consoles and monitoring consoles. This could be improved.

We need to have a better administration console and better monitoring features. Right now, they are not good and could be a lot better.

The pricing could be better.

I've been using the solution for ten years. It's been a decade so far, therefore, it's been a rather long time overall.

The technical support has been pretty good. Every time I've used it, they were pretty good and I found them to be knowledgeable and responsive. I'm quite happy with their level of service.

The pricing could be lower. It's not the cheapest option out there. However, I don't have comparison prices with other solutions at this time. We're working on comparison pricing currently.

We are currently evaluating other options. We are starting the comparison now and we are starting on the technical scope, not on the budget. However, we will also consider pricing as we evaluate other potential options for our company.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have any business affiliation with the organization.

On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate this solution at a nine.

More IBM MQ reviews from users
...who compared it with Apache Kafka
Learn what your peers think about IBM MQ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.