IBM MQ Review
We use it for a lot of real-time information between our systems.

Valuable Features

Obviously, the biggest thing is that we’ll never lose a message. We use it for a lot of real-time information between our systems for integration, where we cannot lose data during that point in time, because then we lose track of inventory, our manufacturing systems, sales orders and things like that.

Improvements to My Organization

It's reliable. It's a solid foundation. It’s always up and running. MQ doesn't crash on us. It gives us the stability of the platform to be able to do all of the integration between our applications.

Room for Improvement

The user interface might be an area with room for improvement, but we use MQ Explorer and that helps solve a lot of our problems there.

On my test systems, I have over 150 queues; maybe a better way to manage those and to see them visually instead of just one long list.

Use of Solution

We started using MQ back in 1996.

It’s up 24/7.

We haven't had any scalability issues. We keep adding more applications to it all the time.

We use technical support only when there are problems, which is very rare. It's always been good when I've had to call them; responsive, efficient.

I was partially involved in the decision process to invest in MQ. We were not previously using something else. We were actually early adopters, really and truly. We started using MQ back in 1996. We've been using it ever since then.

Initial setup was straightforward.

Other Solutions Considered

At that time, there were no other vendors on our shortlist.

The most important criteria for you when selecting a vendor to work with is obviously that it is a stable company; a vendor that will be around for a while. Those kinds of things.

Other Advice

Take a look at it. It's well worth the effort to play with it and to understand it.